- The excitement of being part of something new & cool.
- Opportunity to contribute to popularly known Open Source products and build an ‘internet identity’ for oneself.
- Possibility of gaining new skills & knowledge for better career options.
- A ‘time tested’ platform to build further upon and create differentiators in the space.
- A pool of skilled resources (Open Source Community) who are ready to help in the development process and offer technical advice/inputs at no extra charge/cost.
- A ‘steady’ source of income through licensing, support, training for products as adoption increases. Read ‘RedHat revenues crosses 1 Billion $’
- Influencing key ‘Open Source’ platform design decisions with the possibility of long term benefits for the company.
Note: If you liked this article, please do spare a few minutes to share your feedback/thoughts. Thank-you!